Japanese dating sites are frequently used by those interested in finding an ideal partner abroad. Sexy ladies from Japan utilize Japan dating sites too, as plenty of them like foreign men. But what makes these brides so desirable? What is the secret of Japanese women that they steal a man’s heart so easily? Let’s find out.
Features of Ladies
Many Japanese women are really quite petite, short, and thin. A man against such a background looks tall, strong, and courageous. Of course, this is captivating.
In Japan, there is a fashion not for beauty but for prettiness, so Japanese women tend to do everything and look so that they can say kawaii. Instead of the image of fatal beauty, they prefer to be charming girls who are able to touch even the most brutal man.
When communicating, Japanese women are very polite and always try to please their interlocutors. Especially when they are communicating with a man. They try to please people as much as possible. Who wouldn’t like such an approach, especially when it comes to a serious relationship and family life?
Japanese women do almost everything in a unique and cute manner, so they deliberately change their voices to make it sound more childish. Some people like it, some don’t, but it seems that this way of attracting attention clearly works.
Girls in Japan pay special attention to the ability to apply makeup skillfully. And makeup for them is one of the main means to impress. Thanks to this skill, an average Japanese hottie one can find on one of Japan dating services can turn into a completely different person. But it is worth mentioning that their natural beauty is no less impressive and captivating.
Best Japanese Dating Sites: Our Rating
So, what is the best Japanese dating site for foreigners? To make the search process easier for you, we have prepared a list of reliable resources you can utilize. Here are they:
- FindAsianBeauty – one of the most popular places to find brides from Asian countries.
- DateAsianWoman – a site with a huge amount of active users.
- AsianBeautyOnline – Asian girls like this site.
- BeautifulAsianGirls – lots of detailed profiles and gorgeous ladies will make you like this site.
- AsiaLadyDate – signing up will take a few seconds.
- JapanCupid – an online dating site where you can look for friendship, love, a pen pal, or a romantic date.
- Truelovejapan – this site unites those interested in serious relationships.
- Omiai – Japan’s largest matchmaking service utilizing Facebook.
- Tapple – a dating app where people use similar interests such as cooking, movies, or sports as a jumping-off point to find dating partners.
- My-Qpit – this Japanese women dating site lets users search for Japanese partners by age, occupation, and even online hobbies.
We’ll have a more detailed look at these sites a little bit later. Now, let’s get to know more about the dating culture in Japan itself.
Japanese Dating Culture and Traditions
In Japan, people tend to date for a pretty long time before they get married. To get married, parents’ permission is required, but nowadays, some young Japanese violate this tradition.
There are two main types of marriages in Japan – arranged marriages and marriages based on love. During the Edo period (17th to 19th centuries), both forms of marriage coexisted. Marriages, as a rule, were contracted by families without the participation of the bride and groom. People of common origin mostly married because of love.
With the beginning of the Meiji era (second half of the 19th century), arranged marriages spread among all classes of Japanese society. In arranged marriages in the Meiji era, photographs, biographies, and detailed family histories were first exchanged. If both sides agreed, the man and woman were formally introduced to each other at a meal in the presence of Nakodo (sometimes called Tunin).
This yuino ceremony makes the engagement official. If a man intends to comply with all the formalities, he gives the future bride during the ceremony nine wedding gifts, and if not, he can give five or seven.
Nowadays, customs differ by region. Nevertheless, it is customary for the future groom’s family to give money and symbolic tokens of good fortune, such as the edible kombu seaweed (a symbol of prosperity for future generations) and abalone (a sign of wishing a long life). In return, the family of the bride-to-be presents about half the value of the gifts. This exchange signifies the couple’s desire to get married, and the families agree with their choice of a partner.
A woman in Japan, as in China, in relation to a man, takes the place of yin in relation to yang, Earth in relation to Heaven. There can be no question of any equality.
- A man in Japan is the absolute head of the house. A respectable oriental woman should be invisible, like a shadow. Confucius also said: “Nothing should be heard about a woman outside the house.” The reward for a virtuous Japanese woman was respect for her family, a sense of the impeccability of her reputation, and an ideal partnership in achieving harmony between yin and yang.
- Modern Japanese women of the older generation, although they look submissive and obedient, for the most part, have a strong character and will. They know how to perfectly control themselves, and by their diplomacy and perseverance, they achieve much more from their husbands than energetic Europeans and American women.
- As for everyday life, the Japanese women cope with all the issues themselves. Sometimes one even gets the impression that many men hide behind the mask of the master of the situation indecision, lack of confidence, inability to achieve anything, and the desire to rely on someone else, that is, those qualities that most Japanese women are completely absent.
- Men like to pretend that they understand everything, women, on the contrary, strive to hide their abilities and show that everything they do and say is the result of the wisdom of the head of the family and that their success is, first of all, the success of the husband.
- In a Japanese family, children are the center of everything. Education is conducted not on the basis of coercion or prohibitions but on the basis of guardianship. Japanese mothers look after their children for a long time. Children are not punished. Instead of prohibitions, they are taught to reflect on how others will react to their actions.
Do’s and Don’ts of Japanese Dating
So, imagine you have found a lady with the help of one of the Japanese women dating sites. Japanese online dating is a nice thing, but when it comes to real-life dating, things can become a little bit more complicated. So, here are some do’s and don’ts for you to consider.
- Analogy trap. As with all intercultural encounters, it is important not to fall into the classic “analogy trap”. Just because the other person wears similar clothing or is equipped with similar accessories, foreign travelers or business people assume that the clocks in Japan tick just as they do at home. Of course, this also applies to love!
- Dating – what to do? Japanese people love karaoke! Karaoke dates are also popular! And what is more romantic than enchanting your date with a (Japanese) song?
- Japanese women. Japanese women definitely assume that the man pays the bills on a date. The division of roles is also mostly more traditional. A lady will take on tasks such as cooking and household chores. It is also true of Japanese women that one shows little or no affection in public. Sensitivity and mutual understanding are often considered more important.
- Cultural differences. Japanese culture is characterized above all by clear hierarchies, a large number of labels, and a strong group consciousness. Tip: It is helpful to be familiar with the typical labels, as there are quite a few of them. This way, you can avoid misunderstandings when dating.
- Language barriers make communication difficult at times. To prevent this, it is, of course, a great advantage if you have at least a little command of the national language. This also makes it easier to deal with the family and friends of a Japanese partner. On a date, you can also conquer the heart of the other person with newly learned words and sentences. Tip: The language of love knows no boundaries, but language skills help to understand the other culture better and to get to know new people.
Japanese Dating vs. Western Dating
Indeed, Japanese dating differs from Western dating significantly.
- First of all, in Japan, the tradition of group dating is pretty common.
- Also, the practice of kokuhaku (confession of love and/or interest) often starts the Japanese dating process, while in the Western world, people usually need some time to understand their feelings.
- Public displays of affection may be common in the US, but not in Japan.
All in all, using Japanese dating services is not a guarantee you will find an ideal lady quickly and find a common language with her easily. It is essential to take into account all the differences between your cultures and opinions on dating and marriage.
Where to Look For Japanese Singles?
We’ve finally approached one of the most interesting questions: where to look for stunning ladies from this country? The answer is on the surface: meet Japanese women online! Diverse free dating sites in Japan will help you with it. Let’s now go back to our list of Japanese dating websites and focus on their pros and cons.
- Free signup.
- Diverse means of communication.
- Asian brides from different countries can be found on this Japanese dating site.
- Great searching tools.
- No mobile version is available.
- Messaging is paid.
- This Japanese girl dating website offers free registration.
- Improved communication services.
- High response rate.
- A huge set of profiles.
- Safe and secure services.
- Need to pay for a chat and priority response.
- A few expensive services.
- Function “Find Your Match”.
- Site screens users effectively to prevent scammers.
- More than 1000000 active members.
- Two decades of proven success in matchmaking.
- Messaging is a paid feature.
- Limited matching technology.
- Most services are paid.
- Good selection of girls.
- Easy to use.
- Clean interface.
- Free access.
- Many ladies from various countries.
- Fees for unlimited access.
- The site is part of Cupid Media, so you know it is safe and reputable.
- The profile layout is built to provide a thorough matching experience.
- Membership options are reasonably priced.
- Though there is a “free” option, only paid users can send or receive messages.
- Niche apps typically have fewer users than mainstream apps.
- The app is available to a limited audience (No IOS app).
- Suitable for foreign men and for the Japanese.
- The portal comes with a language-translation tool.
- Signing up is a matter of minutes.
- There were some security issues.
- It is the biggest free Japanese dating site to leverage the Facebook social network.
- Numerous criteria of the search.
- Omiai is free for women to use.
- This is the best Japanese dating app, but it is based on the Facebook platform, which may be inconvenient for some people.
- Non-Japanese may join.
- You can only create an account on the app.
- Creating an account is fast and easy.
- Numerous features are available.
- All contacting functions are free for women.
- Fakes are present.
- This Japanese dating site is free and lets users search for partners by age, occupation, and even by hobbies.
- The site is popular with young women and is free to use.
- This free dating site in Japan is free for ladies only: men have to pay.
How Do Japanese Dating Sites Work?
Now you know what dating sites in Japan to use if you are eager to find a partner. All Japanese free dating sites operate based on the same principle: a person goes through the registration on a chosen Japanese dating website or Japanese dating apps. After this, some personal information must be provided.
Special matchmaking technologies are used on each Japanese dating site in USA to offer you suitable candidates, only. So, what is the best dating site to meet Japanese? There are plenty of good options, and the choice is yours.
Hello! My name is Bridget. I found my love on a dating site and want to help you. I invite you to my blog and wish you success in finding your love 🧡